Monday, August 23, 2010

Last days at the Pool

Chillin' by the Pool

Our pool has reduced hours this week and last as it slowly shifts into closing for the season. The pool staff is almost exclusively high school students and they are already back to school. Poor kids! I am so used to the return to school following Labor day that I forget how negatively this impacts our local pool schedule.

Loves the sprays!


Our attempt to swim on Thursday was foiled so we headed to a recently discovered "spray park" near Layla's school. I don't know that this is a real name, but that's what I call it. The first time we went Layla got caught in the middle with jets all around her. That was unintentional, but didn't seem to really scare her from going in again! We did make it out to the pool late on Saturday afternoon, probably our last visit of the season.

Spray Park - The kids can push buttons on the ground to start different sprays.

Saturday night was a sleepless one at our house as Layla was cutting in a new tooth. Far more dramatic than any of the others have been. This is her eighth tooth and completes the front set of four on top and bottom. I think molars are next and incisors last?

I am enjoying the last week of my stay-at-home-mom existence and gearing up for a long vacation before I head back to work full time in September. We have several play dates this week and then head up to Minnesota on Friday!

No comments: