Monday, November 29, 2010

Giving Thanks


This year we are thankful for many things not the least of all is our good health, our loving and supportive family, and a great big world to discover and enjoy.

The last year has brought us many challenges and rewards, some answers and some questions.

For my part, I have rediscovered a faith inside of me that I thought was lost many years ago. The community of people at Layla's school and our church, has brought me a feeling of security and given me a sense of community that I haven't experienced since I left home and for that, I am truly grateful.

Layla has shown us the great joy in the world around us: the wonder of "panes" in the sky and the playfulness of the squirrels in the park. She squeals in delight when we get to school and again when we get home. She screeches and growls, and laughs so hard that we all have aching tummies. Her happiness, her wonder and her spirit are our greatest gift.

It was wonderful to be home in Minnesota and enjoying spending time with friends and family this past weekend. Layla was not quite enjoying the snow, but I guess maybe that takes time. Grandpa (so far called "Pop-Pop") is helping her with his motto,, "if it's white outside, better stay in." I think he is thankful for his home in the southwest after the chilly visit up north.

Where the future takes us is unclear, as we try to sell our current home, we are looking for the right place for us to settle and make a long term home. If we can say the same thanks this time next year, I think we will have done well.


No comments: