Monday, February 11, 2013

House Update

It's been awhile since I've blogged about the house.  We've had three serious renters come forward for the condo and all three back out, so we remain in the condo for the time being.  The most recent couple, relocating from Boston, asked us to hold the unit and wanted to move in March 1.  Then yesterday decided that maybe they'd like to get a dog.  Our ad clearly states no pets so  I am mystified as to why someone would lead us on like this.  They seem like nice people and so I hope they will reconsider, it seemed like a very good fit otherwise.

Over Christmas Dad and Jason built the oven enclosure in the Kitchen, and ran the lines for the dishwasher.  The cabinets, oven, cooktop, dishwasher, and hood have all been set so last weekend I cooked in my 'new' kitchen for the first time.  It was pretty great.

Allie was here in January and we stripped down the wallpaper in the Dining Room and did our best to repair the walls.  Jason sanded them down and the two of us repainted.  We bought a new ceiling fan/light fixture which Jason put together and installed as well.

It's starting to look like a real home! 

For Valentine's day Jason is buying me (us) a new garage door.  It is terribly romantic, isn't it?  In the deep freeze a couple of weeks ago the opener finally bit the dust and we are going to replace the whole kit and kaboodle because we have decided NOT to build a detached garage in the back.  We are just going to keep it where it is and figure out how to make it enter into the house.  Yes, that's right the garage doesn't actually have a door into the house.  I know, weird. Trust me, I know.

Freshly painted Dining Room

I also installed a paper towel holder and broom holder.  
I'm fancy like that. 

This weekend I put a shelf between the hood and oven enclosure. 
It looks pretty good and will liberate my pans from the lazy susan that I loathe.

No comments: