Friday, February 20, 2015

Bittersweet

Today was the final closing for the sale of our condo in Deerfield.  It was quite bittersweet in more ways than one.   I hope with time the pain of the losing financial investment will fade and only the good memories will remain.  Of those, there are many.  This was our first home and we put in our sweat equity and lots of cash too, and lost it all and then some.  We lived in this place when we got engaged, married and brought both our babies home from the hospital here.  It was our home for almost 9 years and we loved it there. 

The closing was this afternoon and it still doesn't feel quite real.  I feel lighter somehow,  happy and sad.  And also really thankful that I never (I hope) have to talk to anyone on the board or with the management company for the our association.  At every turn they thwarted our efforts to sell and rent our property and continually enacted more restrictions to make the property less attractive to potential buyers or investors. 

All that being said, I think I will sleep soundly tonight. 

Family pic from our last visit last week.

No comments: