Friday, February 12, 2010

The Foursome

This week Spike and Ike have been joined by two new friends. Four teeth at one time! Layla doesn't really seemed bothered by them. I am very thankful for this since I have heard that teething can be a real bear. That's not to say it won't get worse, but for the time being she is content to gnaw on her fingers and drool.


There you can see Spike - he's the biggest one.

Starting to ham for the camera.

Last weekend we got a walker for Layla. Some people think this is a big no-no these days - kids can tip over and also fall down stairs. Since we live in a condo and have no stairs, we aren't concerned about that. Further, I can see how a bigger kid could tip over, but Layla is at the small end of the weight allowed for the walker. She seems to like it and scoots around cautiously and mostly backwards. It does allow here to get into new stuff - like these bags in the kitchen. They got rustled with and tipped over today. She also attempted to get into some cabinets in the kitchen. We will have to get on top of our child-proofing!

Today, Layla had her first bottle of formula. I tried a sippy cup first, but she doesn't seem to be quite ready for that. The formula was not a big hit at first but then I think she figured it wasn't too bad and she was hungry so she ate it up. We are thankful that we could go this long without having to incur the cost of formula, but we will be supplementing with it now. We are also hoping that it helps with her sleeping, which I have heard it can. We will see! She is sleeping 7 - 5 and waking up once between. I am very tired of getting up at 5, but can't get her to go back to sleep. I don't understand why this is happening since she was sleeping until 6 or 6:30. I am looking forward to 'spring forward'. Today I took a morning nap as well.

Learning to hold her bottle - not as easy with the bigger bottles!


Happy to be up at 6 and play. She likes this spot on the couch where she can watch the cars out the sliding glass door.

No comments: