Monday, November 8, 2010
Fall Fun
We are enjoying a resurgence of warm fall weather and taking advantage of it. I remember that this happens every Fall and Spring; it's like a little teaser before Mother Nature hits you hard over the head. Here's what's new with us:
Last week Layla started in a new room at school, the Toddler Tulips. She moved with four of her friends to this room and is doing really well. It is a more structured room, in terms of daily story time, Jesus time, art, and playground play. To move into this room you must be able to walk and be on one nap a day. The kids eat at a table, instead of high chairs, and sleep on cots. The later seems to be the one most parents worry about and we did too. However, our energy was wasted. Layla seems to sleep better than in her previous rooms. She has her knit blanket (from Auntie Jannie) and lovey from home and is settling in quite well. In fact, two days last week she slept nearly 3 hours and had to be woken up for gym play time. They also have a "bounce house" that the kids adore.
While she was a perfect angel for her new teachers at school, she was giving Mom and Dad a run for their money at home. We had a long week of food fights, early morning wake-ups, and temper tantrums. She had her first time out and everything. Needless to say everyone was exhausted at week's end. Mom went to bed at 7 on Friday and resolved to chill out. Dad went out with his friends for a night out on Saturday. Everyone was feeling good on Sunday.
On Saturday, Layla and I had breakfast at Southport Grocery with Carrie and Alice and then visited the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum. It was a really fun outing for all of us! The butterfly exhibit was my favorite but there were also live snakes and the girls both petted them! Later in the afternoon we took a family walk at the Chicago Botanic Garden. The weather was beautiful although a little chilly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
CUTE! I'm so glad the outfit fits so well. Thanks for the pic - I'm stealing it to show my knitting buddies.
I see that Layla's mimicking extends to Jason too . . . I'd know that game time lounge anywhere!
I especially love the picture of Layla walking outside - don't you just love re-experiencing the world through her eyes?
Post a Comment