Thursday, August 23, 2012

Did you see that?

You may remember my recent post about Rats! 

On our way to school/work we travel down Waukegan Road where they have shelled an old restaurant and are re-buliding it as something new.  I can't tell what yet.  At any rate as we drove by yesterday the rat was out!  I giggled a little to myself but didn't say anything.  When driving in a car with a 3-year-old you might be inclined to say, "Hey, look at that!" but you can never do it quickly enough for her to see what it was and then she gets upset and wants you to turn around so she can see the cute dog, fire truck, etc. etc.  Also, last week we had moved her seat out of the middle to be by the window so we could get some lumber from Home Depot.  She really liked sitting right next to the window because she told me she could see so much better what was going on outside.  She was a little miffed that I made her move back to the middle.  

Given all that I was surprised when just a moment later Layla says, "Momma, did you see that huge mouse?" at which point I just burst out laughing and couldn't stop.  We called Jason since he drives the same road on his way to work and I didn't have to say a thing.  "Daddy! Daddy!  I saw a huge mouse!"  Of course, he had seen it too and we all had a good laugh to start our day.

No comments: