The nice thing about the new house is that floor plan is a little unusual. The master bedroom is right next to the Dining Room. It's weird, but strangely practical for our current lifestyle: I can get dressed and be very near to the kids during Breakfast. If you know how slowly Layla eats, you will understand that I cannot possibly sit with her the entire time. I make our breakfast (usually we eat the same thing), I eat with her and then I busy myself with other morning chores. This morning as I am getting dressed:
L: Mom! You're tummy is getting smaller and smaller!
B: Thank you!
L: There's no baby in it anymore. Our baby is right here (pointing at Jayden).
B: That's right.
L: And when I grow up I'm going to be a mommy and you'll be a Grandma!
Clearly, the first line was the best. Three year olds are brutally honest, and thankfully, it's sometimes good. Since we also don't have a full-length mirror anywhere in our new house, I'll have to take her word on it.
p.s. I hadn't thought about the mirror situation. There is one small mirror in the 'Master' bathroom, but it's actually on the wall behind you when you stand at the sink so you'd have to turn around to see it. It's sort of like the cabin was when we were kids. The only mirror in the place was on the inside of the bedroom closet door. Maybe there was one in the bathroom, I can't remember. At any rate, it's kind of nice, I could use a break from my own vanity. But then, I could also be reminded to put make-up on once in a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment