Unfortunately, the RAST showed that Jayden likely has a peanut allergy. He had a Class 1 result, which is a mild allergy; the tests range from 0-6. With all the stories in the media I am sure you have heard that a peanut allergy can be a deadly foe. We don't know much about food allergies and have to schedule a follow-up visit with an allergist, and possibly more tests for Jayden, to learn more.
Sunday, September 29, 2013
Game Changer
I got a call this morning, one that no parent wants to receive. It was our doctor's office relaying the results of the RAST (radioallergosorbent test) Jayden had on Friday. This tests the blood for specific allergens, in this case peanuts.
Unfortunately, the RAST showed that Jayden likely has a peanut allergy. He had a Class 1 result, which is a mild allergy; the tests range from 0-6. With all the stories in the media I am sure you have heard that a peanut allergy can be a deadly foe. We don't know much about food allergies and have to schedule a follow-up visit with an allergist, and possibly more tests for Jayden, to learn more.
Unfortunately, the RAST showed that Jayden likely has a peanut allergy. He had a Class 1 result, which is a mild allergy; the tests range from 0-6. With all the stories in the media I am sure you have heard that a peanut allergy can be a deadly foe. We don't know much about food allergies and have to schedule a follow-up visit with an allergist, and possibly more tests for Jayden, to learn more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. That's terrifying. Didn't you just tell me at Bud's funeral that Jason gave him peanut butter and he was fine? Although I think the first exposure to an allergen results in no reaction, come to think of it - it is subsequent exposures when your body recognizes it and rejects it. A Class 1 result sounds like the best possible outcome (other than no reaction!), and kids do often outgrow these early allergies. Please keep us posted. I have some knowledge of severe food allergies and can point you to some resources if you get to that point. I love you (and him)!
Post a Comment