Friday, June 26, 2009

Cankles

Yesterday I learned the true meaning of cankles. I have been trying to remember songs from childhood that I will sing to my daughter and "head, shoulders, knees and toes, knees and toes" kept running through my head. This has to be because my ankles ceased to exist yesterday. It really looked like a deerfly bit my ankles. Not really knowing anything about this except it looks like an ankle sprain we decided to ice with frozen veggies. It didn't help very much!

This morning we visited the doctor (37 week check up) and she just smiled and nodded and said, "well, you're almost done". The oppressive humidity gave us a break today and I can see my ankle bone again which I am pleased about.

She also said I am dilated "more" this week. I won't use her exact words since it is kind of personal....but suffice it to say that is 1cm plus. I am considered full term now, but I am still waiting patiently. Aside from the heat (which I hate even when I am not nine months pregnant) I am feeling quite good and happy. I kind of hope that the baby can at least wait until the Harry Potter movie comes out so that I can see it in the theater.

1 comment:

Sue said...

"And eyes and ears and mouth and nose"... Now it is in my head! Olivia likes "the Wheels on the Bus" in case you need a backup song. This is all so exciting!!