Yesterday the roofing was supposed to start. The mason was on hand at 7 am to remove the chimney even though it was pouring buckets of rain. I had to run to Ace to grab a tarp to cover the hole in my roof. The Ace guys were curious when I told them I had a hole in the roof....and then I said it was on purpose..... and then I explained why.
Here's why: The small chimney in the middle of the house was in a bad spot for our future projects and only had the water heater vent running through it. Also, it looked like it might fall over anyway. It took 2 guys just over two hours to remove about 15 feet of it, down to the first floor ceiling. It basically crumbled in their hands. While we are (hopefully only for a short while) missing hot water, it is definitely worth it. The roof starts in earnest tomorrow, so be looking for a big house update next week.
Before
2 comments:
I'm not an architect, but that chimney doesn't look very straight to me! LOL Can't wait to see pics of the progress!
LOL!! It was not straight AT ALL! They actually had metal wires wrapped around it and tied back to the roof rafters. BUT they did it that way ON PURPOSE, so that it could go through the middle of the roof.
Post a Comment