we really didn't have too much to worry about.
Thursday night was the Spring Program and Kindergarten Graduation at school. The 3s, 4s and kindergarten classes sang some songs and it was all very cute. I have to tell you I am lukewarm at best on the concept kindergarten graduation. On facebook I have seen people even posting pictures of preschool graduation ceremonies. Give me a break! Do kids really need to be coddled this much? You graduate at High School (pretty easy) and College (hard), that's really it. People that get graduate degrees, J.D.s, M.D.s, Ph.D.s, etc. should really have a big party and they rarely do.
That's not to say kids don't learn in preschool and kindergarten (they do) and should be praised (they are), but the cap and gown pomp and circumstance is a bit much for me. All that being said, if Layla goes to Kindergarten at this school I will probably still cry when she 'graduates'.
Layla loves to sing!
Kate's MIL invited us to come with them to the Children's Theater on Saturday morning. I was a little hesitant to say yes as we had hoped to catch a glimpse of our girlfriend Caroline who was having a small family wedding at the Chicago Cultural Center. As it happened the play was at the Cultural Center as well, very serendipitous, and we were able to do both!
Caroline was one of the women that sang at our wedding and we were over the moon to sneak in a few minutes on her very special day. She was amazingly beautiful and by all accounts had a marvelous day celebrating with her family.
Sweet Caro
Chicago Cultural Center
Chicago Cultural Center
Sunday afternoon I took Layla to a Chicago Red Stars games with 5 of her classmates (and their moms). The Red Stars are the professional women's soccer team here. It was the first big sports venue (and not actually that large) most of them had been to. They did very well and the seating area was generous enough for them to get to move around. I think they even watched a little soccer!




No comments:
Post a Comment