Monday, November 9, 2009

Layla's First Cold

Layla got her first cold - it started with a little runny nose. I guess they usually do. Friday afternoon when I picked her up she was on a bottle strike and had a fever. Friday night I slept with her (I guess I was pretty tuckered out too since we crashed at 8:30). Long gone are the days of partying on Friday nights!

Saturday was a looooooong day. She had a fever and a bad attitude all day long. Not that I blame her of course, she clearly felt rotten. We are so used to our smiley girl, that her misery was, well, miserable. For all three of us. Fortunately, Sunday the fever was gone and just a little snot remained. Kevin visited and we all went to the park. Layla and I found some trees that still had leaves and the boys tossed the football.

So, I always find the key to getting better is sleep, and no different for babies. The trick was to get her head elevated so she could breathe more easily. After trying this in the crib (towels under her head/neck/back) we gave up and put her in the swing. She loves the mobile in the dark so it was an easy sell and we turned it off once she was peacefully asleep . She was cozy and her head was elevated all night long. She slept NINE hours. This is a big deal for us.

This morning she was back to her usual smiley self, talking with her toys and chatting with us as we got ready for the day. Yeah! We are glad to have survived the first, in what will surely be a long line of colds.

No comments: