We saw Dr. A yesterday for Layla's four month check up and she said, "it's time". Tuck her in, give her the plug and don't look back. The first session of crying was 45 minutes - apologies to the little boy that shares common wall of her room - from 1:45 - 2:30. Then, she babbled and sucked her fist for a while before falling back asleep. The second session and subsequent nap time sessions have been much less painful for all of us. She has given us big smiles, as usual, all day so I don't think she is carrying a grudge. Either way it feels rotten not going in to pick her up. But Dr. A says that she is mature enough to sleep 12 hours without eating. We'll see how it goes tonight. I know this works faster for some than others and we hope she is a quick learner.
Here are our four month stats: weight: 15 pounds, 14 ounces (91%) and 26" long (96%). She is a healthy little girl for which we are very thankful.
After this good check up our girl is ready for another big milestone: starting "solid food", which means mushy rice cereal. Dr. A wants us to mix it with prune juice since we have been having a little slow down in the poo dept. and rice cereal can make that worse. I tell you this because you will see it is brown and not white. We did that this morning, and she mostly just spit it out!
2 comments:
I don't know if you're looking for advice... Early Bird was/is a little/lot slow in the poo department. I found that whole grain rice worked some. We did the super baby food diet. Talk about it w/ the Dr.
Thanks for the advice - I will talk with her Dr. about it.
Post a Comment