Yesterday was my last day at OP. We knew that one of our small group was going to be let go soon, due to the lack of new business coming in. Even so, it was a sad day. I am thankful for the many years I enjoyed and all of the things I learned. It was a good place to start my career and I am glad for the many opportunities I was able to seize upon, and the many terrific people I worked with and for.
We are in Green Bay this weekend, spending time with Jason's extended family. Many met Layla for the first time today. She was amazing, smiling and charming everyone as usual! Jason's great-grandfather, Nick, joined us for a short visit and we were able to take a photo of 5 generations of the family. A rare oppotunity in this day and age (I will post pics when we get home.) Layla's great-great grandpa is 97 years old.
I am thankful for the loving family and many friends that we have and the good health that we enjoy every day. I know that all things happen for a reason and for the time being I will take advantage of spending some extra time with my beautiful girl during her first magical Christmas season.
On Monday, it will be boots on the ground cutting the family budget and looking for new work. If you have any advice or prospects, send them my way! I am optimistic this is a short term situation and that even greater possibilities await our family in the days to come.
Best wishes to everyone this Thanksgiving. Take a moment to hug each other and be thankful for all the good things we enjoy in our lives. The events this week have made me even more appreciative of the love and support around me. Thank you all!
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your job. But - our family is a strong one filled with survivors and you will make a sad situation a good one and I look forward to hearing what great and wonderful opportunity comes your way.
In the meantime- enjoy every second you have with Layla and see you Christmas!
Oh Bethie, I am so sorry! I had no idea. You will be at the top of my prayer list. You are a fantastic architect, and I know that something great is coming your way. I pray that God will reveal His plan for you soon. Let me know if there is anything that I can do. Love to all three of you!
Post a Comment