Monday, May 30, 2011

Holiday Weekend!

So, I was really quite excited to have a 3 day weekend. I worked 'late' on Friday (later than usual, anyway) and told Jason I wanted to get all our chores done on Friday night so we could relax over the weekend. This, of course, is relative when you are also remodeling your (affectionately known as) summer house. We did all the laundry, vacuuming, dusting, took the trash out, etc. etc. on Friday. I am really glad I am not doing that right now.

Saturday morning Jason had bball (make up game) but Layla and I were delighted to have Rachel and Victor over for brunch. About halfway through the meal Layla started fussing and pointing at Victor. We tried to figure out what on his plate she wanted. Turns out, she just wanted to sit with him instead of her chair.

Layla and Victor

Saturday afternoon I headed to the house while Layla and Jason napped and took care of the rest of the drywall in the front bedroom and removed all of the insulation in the back bedroom. As most things, maybe not necessary until I started finding mold in it and then felt relieved that I was doing this not-so-fun-but-necessary task.


Sunday was to be family fun day. It was severely interrupted by storms ALL DAY LONG. We are more than a little tired of the rain around here! We planned to go to the zoo and maybe a walk by the lake, but we had to choose an indoor activity. One with an attached parking garage won out in the pouring rain. We went to the MSI followed by lunch at our favorite Caribbean restaurant in Hyde Park, Calypso Cafe, which we found out is closing. Boo! But, at least we got one more hurrah with the jerk chicken and fried green tomatoes there.

Daddy and Layla after getting to 'drive' the combine

Today was super hot, super humid and super sunny. We don't believe in moderation, apparently. The weather gods have a sick sense of humor. Jason worked on the plumbing for the Kitchen, I worked on removing water from my garden (futile), taking down the awning in the Family room very successful) and some other miscellaneous tasks around the house. Layla found loads of joy and entertainment in the many earthworms in the muddy swamp that used to be my garden.
Super-cute new duds from Gramma and Poppa


"Sit Down" and look at my worms!

The dreams for tomatoes.......
It's not looking good with more storms on the way tomorrow.


Our Family Room is vastly improved without that awful aluminum awning covering 60% of the window!

No comments: