So, as I was mentioning, Allie was in town a couple weeks back. She 'volunteered' to help work on the house Friday morning. I say this with a hint of sarcasm only because I am sure my family would like to do more fun things than manual labor at our house. Don't worry we have work gloves and safety glasses to go around!
We (Jason and Dad) had built the temporary walls to shore up the roof for our rafter project. The next step was to take off all of the siding and trim that was still in place. Then, to take out the 'beam' holding the roof up.
Jason: Now, it's time to take the beam out.
Beth: I feel sick.
Jason: Yeah, me too.
Beth: What's the worst thing that can happen?
Jason: The roof could collapse.
--silence--
Beth: Ok let's do it.
Allie: What should I do, where should I stand?
Beth/Jason (in unison): In the other room!
In reality, it was not the dramatic. The beam came out with ease and the temporary wall did it's job. Then we got to put our new rafters in! One roof is complete, the second one will follow next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment