Monday, November 23, 2009

Night Two

Yesterday Layla and I made M&M cookies (red and green) for the soldiers in Afghanistan. One of my co-workers' son-in-law is a captain and she is working on a huge holiday care package for his group. I enjoyed the baking immensely, mostly due to the amount of batter I was able to consume. (I had Layla in the baby carrier and she fell asleep!) I ate no batter in the last year as it is baaaad to eat raw eggs when you are preggo. Now, it's probably not that wise to eat raw eggs in general, but I don't care. I was, proudly, able to stop myself before I felt sick. And yes, there were still enough cookies to make a decent contribution to the project! I was glad to have an excuse to bake for someone else, and who more worthy?

Night two of extinction was much harder on Mommy, I was feeling pretty sad today. I think Layla was grumpy too. However, she was not especially hungry this morning. This tells me that the Drs. are right, she doesn't really need to eat in the middle of the night. She really just wants to hang out.

Also, I forgot to mention this yesterday: Layla is the size and development stage of an average 7-month old. At her size and maturity Dr. A says she should have no trouble handling these new things.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you tonight! I loved the Janis reference ... I cannot imagine how hard that was for you and Jason.