Monday, November 2, 2009

Public Service Announcements

I am thinking about holding a forum to teach some simple things. I have two topics lined up so far, please feel free to submit more. Oh, wait, three!

1. Learning to Reply WITHOUT Attachments. Seriously people, stop filling up my inbox. This is going to be a lunch and learn at my office.
2. Walk facing traffic (the left side of the street in this country). Pretty simple, keeps you alive. Note: If you happen to be traveling to the UK, it would be the right side.
3. Use your turn signal when changing lanes or turning. This rule seems not to apply to people driving a car that costs more than $50k. It's like when you buy a bmw they tell you that you no longer have to obey traffic laws.

All pretty simple. Little kids seem to do well with this kind of basic information, but apparently it is difficult for adults to grasp.

3 comments:

Kent said...

Re: #3 -- that one hit a little close to home.
....guilty....
but, for the record, I sucked at using turn signals when I was driving my first car too: a Chevette.
After spending so much time in the car with you over the years, you know you are that "voice in my head" when it comes time to change lanes or turn....

Jen said...

I also vote for training on how a 4-way stop works.

Beth said...

ha ha Kent, I wasn't even directing that at you. But, now that you mention it........I am lucky I survived going out for lunch with you for the last 10 years!