Monday, October 12, 2009

Expect the Unexpected

It's 6:45 and I am sitting at the kitchen table on my computer. I did not expect this on the first day back. My two loves are sleeping soundly and I am all dressed and ready to go to work, eating my toast. Of course, nothing was going to go exactly to plan, but I am a planner and so I try my hardest.

Layla was restless this morning around 5:30. She doesn't usually get up until 6:30 so I rocked her and tried to get her back to sleep. She has been very clingy the last week and I think she must know I am leaving her. She wants me to hold her and not sleep in her crib. After 20 minutes, I gave up, changed her and got her dressed, fed her and we played and talked.

I could hear her cooing at her toys (I set a few different ones up for her to look at each morning) and trying to roll over (which she does every time I set her down) while I was getting my face on. Then all was quiet: she fell right back asleep on her quilt. What a sweet girl, I will miss her all day!

No comments: