Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The little and the loud


I am talking about my family of Vikings fans, of course. My Mom and Dad were here visiting this weekend, "on their way" to Arizona. Now, I don't remember Chicago being on the way from Minnesota to Arizona any other year, but we are glad to have them visit anytime! Layla does attract visitors: Aunt Allie is coming this weekend.

So, we are watching the football game on Sunday. Normally, we try not to watch TV when Layla is awake, since she is fascinated by the boob tube and I figure that it can't be too good for her, but football is an exception. Dad is holding her and she has fallen asleep. We are grumbling on about how the defense is giving the game up. Then.....the end and the kicker misses. Mom cheers, forgetting that you have to cheer silently when you have a sleeping baby (and she is a pretty enthusiastic fan). This scared Layla out of her head. Luckily, Dad got her calmed down right away and she went right back to sleep. Then we giggled silently, feeling bad, but thinking it was also pretty funny.


Layla in her Vikings outfit and new hat from Grandma Carol (I got one too, so we match)!
Layla in her Twins outfit (despite the dismal series against the Yankees), "helping" Grandpa Greg with her bottle. It was an all Minnesota sports weekend.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay for visitors! We see my parents a lot more since having kids, too! I guess it is just more exciting to visit the grandkids!