Thursday, October 8, 2009

Through the Night

Last night she did it! Layla slept through the night, a whole 7.5 hours. She goes to bed at 8 right now so this was still the middle of the night for me, but I loved it nonetheless. We can only hope this is a sign of what's to come!

This post is coming to you early, as we are doing a dry run of our morning routine and I have "left for work" which means I am sitting in the kitchen. I think I will have to make a point up getting up about a half hour earlier so I can spend a little more time with Layla (she gets up around 6:30), but we are doing ok so far. Jason is in the shower and Layla is playing on a blanket in her room. She does this every morning, and will be plenty happy for 10-15 minutes without us having to be there playing with her. I know Jason is worried about this part, but I tell him that Moms have to do it everyday (if they want to shower). The worst thing that is going to happen is that she will cry. Once she is more mobile, we will have to revisit this, but for now she can lie on the floor and play.

Only 4 days until the real thing........

Jason just moved her to her bouncy chair so she can sit in the bathroom and talk to him while he gets ready. Perfect!

No comments: