Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Little Baby, Big Baby

This is going to sound a lot like our one month visit..... We thought Layla was really big, but what do we know?

I got my hair cut last week when we were in Nisswa and I saw this little baby. I asked the woman (I think the grandmother) "oh what a cute baby, how old is she?". The woman answered, "three months". At this point I automatically said (need to work on my filter), "she's tiny!". The woman agreed and did not seem offended. Layla could have had this baby as an afternoon snack, she was not more than 8 or 9 pounds.

Here's the real news: Layla is 13 pounds, 9 ounces and 24.5" long. That is 97% and 98% respectively; thankfully she is very proportional. She is healthy and active and we are to work more on getting her to roll over.

One of my questions was why she is batting at her head and pulling on her ears this week. I was worried that she got water in her ear, but it turns out that these things along with the increased drooling and knuckle sucking means our sweet little girl is already starting to teethe (her gums were also swollen upon exam)!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow - teething already? None of my kids got teeth until 4 months. Once it starts, it is pretty much a constant battle for the next 18 months, unfortunately. Poor baby. I hope she is feeling ok. Love you guys!

Beth said...

Crazy huh? She has been fussy since the shots yesterday and chewing on her knuckles. She seems kind of miserable, but I am doing what I can!