So my friend Mary started this thing in college called The Ship. People we would find utterly dumb or annoying were deemed to go on The Ship. This Ship would travel to outer space, perhaps to another planet, never to return and annoy us again. Naturally, anyone with a stupid license plate would qualify. The worst offenders of this are people that have the names of their cars on their plates. For you non-Illinois dwellers, you should know vanity plates are ridiculously popular here, don't ask me why.
So, I saw one today and it reminded me of The Ship and I thought it deserved mentioning: ORNG JP for a Jeep Wrangler that was, you guessed it, orange. Jeep Wranglers are super-annoying [to me] anyway, but this is just dumb. Clearly, you are driving an orange jeep, why do you need to write it on your license plate? People actually PAY EXTRA to look this dumb.
By the way Mariah Carey and J. Lo are already on The Ship. But, if you have any other suggestions, I will be updating my list. I can only imagine how long Mary's has gotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment